Thursday, March 19, 2015

How To Brush Your Dog's Teeth

Hello my friend, today I am going to talk about brushing teeth! I have to admit this is not my favorite thing. I do love my daily grooming I get from my mom, but getting my teeth brushed is not my favorite thing at all! I know my mom is always trying to find ways to help make it better for me so I thought I would share this video from my vets at Banfield Pet Hospital {I love them there} on tips on how to brush your dogs teeth.

How to brush your dog's teeth. A Happy Havanese Blog



Teeth brushing facts for your dog:
  1. Do not use products made for humans to brush your dog’s teeth. Human toothbrushes and toothpastes can be harmful to your dog so get a pet toothbrush and pet toothpaste. Pet toothpaste tastes like chicken or peanut butter or many yummy flavors. 
  2. Take it slow and introduce tooth brushing in small steps so that your dog doesn't get overwhelmed and upset.
  3. Teach your dog that good things always happen when he gets his teeth brushed like getting a treat when they are done, plus lots of praise – we love praise. 
  4. Brush your dog’s teeth daily, just like you brush your own. However, if your schedule doesn't allow that, brush your dog’s teeth at least several times a week. My mom makes it part of my daily grooming. 
  5. My mom also supplements my teeth brushing just to make sure she is doing a good job with  ARK Naturals Breath-Less Chewable Brushless Toothpaste I am a gobbler when it comes to food and treats so she freezes these so I have to chew longer. 
How to brush your dogs teeth 




Do not forget to come and play with me over on Instagram and Twitter today!

Though brushing my teeth is not my favorite, getting treats and being healthy is what makes me "Happy."

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the photo with all the tooth brushes, very pretty. Dental health is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I do not love the teeth brushing every time but it is still important.
      Kiki

      Delete

I love wet kisses and comments....so please leave me a comment!

My Favorites